just another road

just another road

Saturday, May 31, 2014

MAYhem

WOWZERS! (that's right, I said it.)

What a month!  Looking back at what May has brought, I am feeling full. So full. Psalm 23 sums it up pretty well. In May:

  • We ran a 5k - I had sub 10 minute miles (this is AWESOME for me!).  Afterwards, I made my first breakfast bake and sweet potato hash and got to fellowship with friends.
  • No studying this month - so I picked up a handful of books that I am looking forward to reading.
  • Great weather for outdoor soccer - we haven't been rained on yet! And, no injuries to report this season. (so far)
  • Date-a-versary.  Jason and I had our first date 9 years ago. Has it really been that long?

    My Junior Prom, May 2005

  • We visited Lake Chelan for the first time.  Big house. Lots of friends. Wine tasting. Sunshine without the sunburn.








  • Jason built me a raised garden. Vegetables have been planted (and are growing).  I may have to put him to work on a second garden....


  • I am about to sign up for my first half marathon - yikes!
  • I spent time and was able to catch up with a few friends I hadn't seen in a looong time.  
  • We painted our bathroom. This has been on our to-do list for a very. long. time.
    ....and it may have grossed me out a bit.

    We may have discovered a dirty mess...
    ...but now it is clean...Amazing what a little bit of paint can do!
  • I think we have both had some PR's in crossfit this month. In fact, I have battle wounds from a hero workout called Murph.  Learn about the hero, Navy Seal Michael Murphy, here.

My knees...because I still do 'girl' push-ups.


  • Jason is wrapping up the month by spending the weekend in Denver visiting his brother, and today I was able to attend a baby shower for one of my best friends. 
I am so glad for all the fun and productive activities we were able to do this month.  I have this constant struggle with the 'battle of busy', but I think this month we had an adequate amount of time to rest, play, and be productive....but more on that another time.  Right now, I'm just going to be grateful for the month of May.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment